A vacancy for Senior lecturer or Associate Professor exists for suitably qualified and experienced individuals in the above posts. The candidate will be responsible for undergraduate and postgraduate (Masters and PhD) teaching and supervision, and will form part of a dynamic team in the Programme of Communication Studies: Department of Communication, Media and Information Studies, in the School of Languages and Communication Studies, Faculty of Humanities.
· A PhD in Communication Studies OR equivalent.
· A proven publication track record (a minimum of 2 published articles in accredited journals for Senior Lecturer and minimum of 5 articles for Associate Professor)
· Ability to conduct and supervise quantitative research.
· A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in successful teaching at undergraduate level, and scholarly supervising of MA and PhD students with proven pass rate.
· Strong understanding of collaborative, ethical, innovative and effective leadership style and commitment to higher educational standards.
· Committed ability to promote the Department mission and position to internal University constituencies and external stakeholders.
· Understanding the challenges facing the Higher Education sector.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
· Teaching and Learning: Full involvement in all courses, design and curriculum development, updating material in respect to national and international trends, evaluations of lectures and course material, maintain discussion class programmes, identify at risk students and facilitate additional assistance, undertake discipline related research.
· Research: Supervise Honours, Masters and PhD students, manage involvement in research processes and oversee and participate in project teams working on research projects, participate in conferences, produce published articles/books/chapters in book (measurable research outputs)
· Academic Citizenship: Involvement in community engagement, monitor success and implementation of projects, take an active role in professional organisations.
· Governance: Organise course files, deliver to deadlines, record of all academic activities, and participate in Departmental School and Faculty committees.
Closing date: 28 March 2023
Typed applications which should contain comprehensive curriculum vitae, certified copies of all qualifications and contact details of three referees, should be forwarded, for the attention of Ms KP Ngobeni, to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Private Bag X 1106, Sovenga, 0727 or e-mail applications, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephonic enquiries regarding conditions of service: (015) 268-2857.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign obtained qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority. Please also note that failure to submit the requested documents/information will result in your application not being considered.
The University of Limpopo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All appointments will be made in accordance with the University’s Employment Equity Policy. Preference will be given to males (Coloureds and Indians) and females (Coloureds and Africans).
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Applicants who have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date must consider their applications as unsuccessful.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.