The School of Communication at the NWU (Mahikeng Campus) has one vacancy for Senior Lecturer in the vibrant and dynamic field of communication.
- Teach introductory and advanced level courses to a diverse student body, including skills as well as specialty courses in development or corporate communication.
- Teach general communication courses.
- Bring enthusiasm and strong pedagogy to teaching; engage in a practical, hands-on program of teaching; and provide strong mentoring to students.
- Provide curricular leadership in the development or corporate communication program.
- Engage in Scholarly and subject related case studies.
- Provide service to the Institution.
- Provide service to the Community.
- Advise students
- Teaching in technology enriched teaching and learning contexts.
- Contribute to curricular revision to reflect the latest trends in the field, and to build and expand the development or corporate communication subject group across all campuses.
- Publication record and clear evidence of agenda for continued research in the field of development or corporate communication
- Participation in research projects with colleagues.
- Expected to continue furthering personal study – pursue Post Doc in Communication
- Provide study guidance to graduate students on an honours, Masters and Doctorate level.
Administration and other tasks:
- Responsible for all administrative tasks with regards to the above.
- Study guide development and update.
- Student marks and assessment.
- Share responsibility for committee and department assignments as required.
- Contribute to the Faculty Committees as well as University Committees.
- Participate in services related to the life of the School and the community.
- PhD degree in communication and specialisation in development or corporate communication is essential
- Memberships with SACOMM, SACIA, etc is desirable
- 2-3 years’ experience, PhD degree Communication with specialisation in development or corporate communication is essential
- 2-3 years teaching experience of Undergraduate and Honours is essential
- Proven record of post graduate supervision in terms of Masters and PhD students
- 2 years Practical experience as a development or corporate communication specialist is essential
- Proven record of publication and research output in the specialisation areas of development or corporate communication is essential.
FUNCTIONAL / TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS):
- Within higher education
- Within industry related environments
- Sound understanding of the development or corporate communication discipline.
- Team player within groups
- Sound relations with colleagues
- Able to work independently
- Ethical principles and academic integrity
The annual total remuneration package will be commensurate with the level of appointment as advertised and in line with the NWU policy guidelines.
ENQUIRIES REGARDING JOB CONTENT MAY BE DIRECTED TO:
Dr Mooki Lobelo 018 389 2599
ENQUIRIES REGARDING RECRUITMENT PROCESS MAY BE DIRECTED TO: Innocentia Mphuthi 0183892457
CLOSING DATE: 7 April 2023
PLANNED COMMENCEMENT OF DUTIES: ASAP
Kindly take note: applications must be submitted online through the official nwu vacancy website. Incomplete applications and those submitted through any other platform will not be considered. The University subscribes to and applies the principles of Employment Equity (EE) Act and is committed to transformation. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the EE Act and NWU Employment Equity. Plan. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you are not contacted within two months from the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.